Ok, well not a
lot, but at least it's a start! This morning I went to the doctor while Cody stayed home with Owen. I came home and Cody said, "Owen learned a new word this morning." I said, "Oh! What is it?" "Tree, " he says. I said, "Oh, did Barney teach him that?" Cody looks at me like I'm an idiot and says, "Uh, no, I did." I look to my right and the Christmas tree is in the room!!! Granted, it needs a lot of work, but he said he thought I would be happier if it was up so he decided to haul it up from the basement. How sweet of him! I know we still have to decorate it, which we plan to do tonight, and we will only enjoy for 2 weeks, but it is really nice to have it up and I do feel happier! So here are a couple of pictures of our not-so-pretty tree and the few decorations that Cody added himself.

I don't know if you can see it, but there is one ornament on it that Gary brought Owen at Thanksgiving. It was already sitting out so Cody put it on.

And here is his "skirt." Yes, that is one of Owen's bibs. He also put the star on top, which I didn't get in the picture. He said I should really appreciate that because it took a
second trip to the basement to get it.
Check back and hopefully tomorrow we'll have much prettier pictures of our tree! I'm starting to feel the "scrooge" escaping me! :) And the best part is that so far Owen hasn't really bothered it too much. I'll get back to you on that after it's full of lights and ornaments!
1 comments:
well it's a start! can't wait to see it all decorated! What a thoughtful husband to do that for you!
Beth
Post a Comment