Cameron recently discovered the phone base on the desk in our kitchen. He has become particularly fond of the "locater" button. That would be the button that you press that lets out continuous loud beeps in case you have lost the handset. The button that might have you asking, "Where is the fire?" if you weren't expecting to hear it. Yes, that button is his favorite.
He was pressing this button off and on for a couple of days, despite my repeated, "No, no, no's." In fact, I think there were even a couple of times he pressed the button, looked at me with a sly smile and said in a cute sing-song voice, "No, no, nooo." As cute as it was, the incessant beeping was about to drive me batty, so I moved the base farther toward the middle of the desk, into the big bowl in which we throw our spare change, where he couldn't reach it. Problem solved!
Later that night, I was in the living room and heard a noise in the kitchen. I walked in to find this:
He had climbed up on the desk chair and found his beloved button. Keep in mind that up until a few weeks ago, Cameron was not much of a climber. Now I'm pretty sure he could win an Olympic medal in Climbing Dangerous Things in Order to Get Something Out of Reach That You Really Want. That's a sport, isn't? I think I heard it's being added to the Summer Olympics in 2012.
He sat there pressing The Button for a few minutes, as I just didn't have the heart to deny him that pleasure.
But apparently being on the chair just wasn't quite good enough for him. He just really needed to be closer to The Button.
So he climbed on the desk, where he continued to press The Button. At some point, though, all that climbing and button-pressing became just too much for him to handle. So he had to take a little rest:
Being a toddler is such hard work!





2 comments:
That is too funny! You should have taken a video of that!
Holy cow! He is persistent!!!
Post a Comment