CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 09, 2009

The Storm of the Century

That's what the meteorologist called it last night on the news.  He said we only see a storm like this about every 100 years.  After snowing all day yesterday and most of the night last night, we ended up with at least a foot of snow, maybe more.  Everything from schools, doctor's offices, places of business, churches, malls, and even universities have closed.  Iowa State is closed and I don't think that's happened in the 9 winters we've spent here.  And I think it is even their finals week!

Cody stayed home from work today, thankfully.  Even if he'd wanted to go, I don't think he would have even made it out of our garage!  I'm guessing it's so cold that the door won't even open!  Not to mention the fact that our driveway and road haven't been plowed.


I opened the front door this morning to take some pictures and snow fell in the house!



This is a planter I have on the front porch.  It is pretty tall and you can only see the top of it!


The bushes outside our front door.



This is where our driveway should be!



There was snow piled up against the back door as well, but when I opened it, it all stayed standing!







The grill




The deck stairs piled high with snow.  Poor Murphy has to find his way down them to go out!

The temps are supposed to get even colder, so I don't see this stuff melting anytime soon.  I wish it would though because I hate having to beg my husband not to go out in it!

3 comments:

old linda said...

where's your Thanksgiving pics? <3

Mama Muhs said...

I didn't take any! I was too worn out from all the cooking!

Gaye Youngman said...

Love the snow pics! Just get that driveway and road cleared before the 18th so you can make the trip south!