Here he is when they first came out on stage. The transformation from crying to ecstatic was just pricless for Cody and me.
He kept pointing to the stage and saying, "Oh! There's Elmo! Oh! There's Grover! Oh! There's Big Bird" etc. He was so excited he could hardly stand it!
Here he is clapping. After each song he would clap and say, "Yaaaaayyyy!!!!"
He did get a little restless since it was a 90 minute show with a 15 minute intermission but overall, he did pretty well. A couple of times he tried to run up to the stage with the characters! We're looking forward to taking him in a year or two when he will really understand it.
Last night I got ready to put his jammies on him and took all his clothes off. He ran into the dining room where his Elmo shirt was that we bought him that day and brought it to me. So I told him he could put it on for a little bit before he put his jammies on. He wore it around the house in his diaper and kept pointing to the sign on it saying, "Street! Street!"

Here he is in his t-shirt and looking at his program we got him. This is also what he's doing in the video that follows this post.
I told him it was time to take the shirt off so he could put his jammies on and he just started weeping! So, needless to say, he slept it in last night and then he's still wearing it today! I'd say he's a Sesame Street kid just like his mama! (I even tried to find my Sesame Street watch that I got when I was about 3 or 4 to wear it to the show and I couldn't find it! I'll have to hunt some more! Yes, it does still fit if I wear on the very last hole!)
3 comments:
Sarah that is so cute! I STILL remember to this day being so excited about going to Sesame Street Live when I was little. As a matter of fact, I can't wait until Adyson is old enough to take her!!! :-) Wonderful memories... how fun!
I know--I remember when I went too. Isn't it so cool that our kids are watching something that we watched growing up? I just think that is such a neat bond to share. I've loved Sesame Street for as far back as I can remember and I just love that I can share that with my own son!
Wish I had a picture of Mommy and Daddy at Sesame Street Live -- I'm sure they enjoyed it even more than Owen!! There's nothing better than watching your child have fun!
Auntie Gaye
Post a Comment