CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 31, 2006

Our Trip to Bolingbrook


We got home last night after another hectic weekend in Bolingbrook. Our weekends there are usually crazy as we are trying to pack a week's worth of events into 2 and a half days! While it was very sad having to say goodbye to Grandpa and go through all the funeral services, it was nice to see some family that we very rarely get to see. I was finally able to meet Cody's cousin, Christopher and his wife, Angela, who live in Phoenix. I couldn't believe we've gone 8 years without ever meeting each other! Owen had a good time playing with the other kids there. The service was very nice. Afterward, there was a dinner at a Bohemian restaurant where we ate all of Grandpa's favorite kind of food. He was a real "meat and potatoes" kind of guy. Or as Cody's mom likes to call it, "food that swims (in gravy)."

On Saturday evening we went to Matt and Susie's house for a barbecue. The picture above is of Owen playing in the sandbox there. Alas, this is the ONLY picture I got all weekend! I had planned to take more of all the kids but I just ran out of steam and ended up eating lots of food and just sat around talking! Owen had a great time running around with all the kids there. He even got a couple of kisses from some of the little girls! He was one sweaty, dirty boy when we got home that night! I had a little trouble getting all the sand out of his hair! I am trying to resign myself to the fact that he is a boy and he is going to live for getting dirty. I think I am starting to deal with it a little better. Although I would have never let him get in the sandbox, I didn't yell at Cody when he let him get in there! I really think that's progress! I guess Owen should be thankful he has his father, otherwise I might put him in a plastic bubble and never let him out! Nevertheless, we had a great time seeing everyone and hope we get to go back very soon.

Now I have 4 days to unpack, do laundry, clean up the house, and pack all over again! We are leaving on Friday to go to Tennesse with my family. It's always a hectic trip as we have about 15 people going, but we LOVE going and spending time with everyone. The guys play golf while the girls go shopping. This year I'm hoping to squeeze a pedicure and a massage in there somewhere. We'll see how that goes! I can't believe summer is almost over! Where does the time go?!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

We just got back from our 2 1/2 days vacation to Lake Geneva. It was so fun swimming in the pool and at the beach. Matt's dad even rented a boat for an hour so we could drive around the lake. Enjoy your vacation - it's fun to get away from your "normal" life for a little bit!

We were so glad you guys were able to come and party with us! It was great seeing you, Cody & Owen. It stinks that we hardly see each other, but I'm glad you have this blog so we can see what's going on. The kids had a blast playing and I think Gianna LOVED giving Owen kisses! (who can blame her...he's so cute!)

Talk to you soon!
XOXOXOXOXO to your little "cooker man" Owen(as Dominic would call a chef/cook)