CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 01, 2011

Why We Walk

Walking is not just about the money for us.  Yes, we want to further autism research but we also want Cameron to be seen and heard.  We know there are so many equally deserving causes out there, but for us, this isn't just a cause.  It's our life.  Autism is not just who Cameron is.  It's who we are.  And all we are trying to do is to give you a glimpse into our life so that you might understand us a little better.  I tried to think of a way to share the wonder that is Cameron, as well as trying to quickly explain why Autism Awareness is so important to us.  This is what I came up with...




Please feel free to share it with anyone and everyone you know.  Thank you for supporting us in whatever way you can, whether it be monetarily, walking alongside us, raising funds for us, lending an empathetic ear, or simply cheering us along as we navigate our way through this journey.  Words can't express how grateful we are for the friends and family who continue to rally around us.  And because of your support, we know that one day Cameron will say, "Thank you" to you himself.

4 comments:

Susie said...

We LOVE the video. The kids were so excited to see Cameron & Owen too. And my sweet Dominic asked before we watched it what it was about. I told him it was to help people learn about Autism. He replied to that - "Oh, good! I'm glad we're watching this - I need to learn more about it!"

Is there a way to share just the video? or do I share the whole blog post?

Love you all!

Mama Muhs said...

Oh, Susie! Dominic's comment made me cry! Thank you so much for sharing it with your kids!

I posted it to Facebook so you can click 'share' on there. It is also on YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrIXBjosx3s

You can also take that link and upload it to your walk donation page! Love you!!!!

Mama Muhs said...

Ok, I had to fix it because it was showing the wrong donation link (even though it was showing correctly on mine! grr!) so the new YouTube link is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRHVonn4cOM

Ellen said...

AMAZING video! I am going to share it! You did a great job with it. Seriously...it should be one of those inspirational video's that is used at autism trainings or something. Great job, and as always, Cameron is SO LUCKY to have you as his mom!