CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 30, 2010

He's a New Man!


Back in May I finally decided that Cameron's hair was shaggy enough that I was going to have to break down and get it cut.  I wasn't avoiding it due to the fact that I'm a fan of the shag.  It was more due to the fact that I wasn't very optimistic about how it would go.  Our Parents-As-Teachers lady, Sandy (who is wonderful, by the way!), called her own hair dresser for me and discussed Cameron with her and asked if she'd be willing to attempt cutting his hair.  She does a lot of extended hours so we could go in the evening when no one else would be there, which I thought would be good.  She graciously said she would love to cut his hair!

So one Friday night while Grandma Lynn was here visiting, she and I took Cameron to get his hair cut while Cody stayed home with Owen.  We took milk, a snack, and a portable DVD player and I'm happy to report that Cameron hardly knew she was back there cutting on his hair.  He barely made a peep!  I didn't get any photos, however, because I was holding him in the chair.  Grandma got some with her camera though, so I'm hoping to see them soon!  But I do have some good before and after photos.

BEFORE:





AFTER:

 
Owen said, "Cameron is a new man!" 







He wouldn't stop long enough for me to get a good photo, so that's the best you get.  Unfortunately, it was only beginner's luck because I took him back a couple of weeks ago by myself, thinking it would be a breeze and it was not!  By the end of it, the hair dresser, myself, and Cameron were all sweating.  I think it's safe to say it was the longest 15 minutes of my life.  Or at least of that day. ;)  Thankfully, the hair dresser is one of the nicest people I have ever met and she was so understanding.  She doesn't even charge me what she normally charges because she said she thought I had enough stress in my life!  I've told Cody that he will be going to the next one.  I wouldn't want to deprive him of all the fun I'm having acting as a human straitjacket to what I think is the world's strongest 2-year-old.  That just wouldn't be fair, would it?

0 comments: