CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 13, 2009

Pumpkin Carving Time!

We couldn't leave the Pumpkin Farm without a pumpkin to carve.  Cody and Owen picked it out and Cody said that as they were looking Owen said, "I have to find one that isn't very dirty because Mommy doesn't like dirt."  He knows his mama well, that boy does.  After finding a relatively clean one, we brought it home and carved it the following week.  Of course, we couldn't make it a jack-o-lantern like most people do.  We had to carve Thomas into it!  (Daddy wasn't nearly as excited about this as Owen was.)


Owen helped scoop the "guts" out, as he called it, and then left all the carving to Daddy.  I believe he was supposed to be the special helper, but I don't think there was much helping going on.





It's hard to see in the light, but it did turn out pretty cool.  The most important part, of course, was that Owen LOVED it!




At the rate Cameron is going with his newfound love of Thomas, I have a feeling this won't be the last Thomas pumpkin Daddy carves!  Next up, costumes!

0 comments: