Cameron went for his 9 mo. check-up in late September. I still can't believe that in less than 3 months we will be celebrating his 1st birthday! Anyway, he was 26 in. long (3rd percentile) and 16 lbs. 15.5 oz. (~10th percentile, I think). He's obviously still a little dude but the doc doesn't seem too concerned because he is still growing along his own curve. I think he has gained weight every time he's been in there. We had to go back to the doc on Saturday due to another ear infection and he weighed 17 lbs 10 oz! He has two teeth but can still eat table food with the best of 'em, as his latest weight gain demonstrates. He LOVES cheese quesadillas like his big bro, bread, and turkey. He's still having trouble adjusting to table veggies and fruit but he gets better with them every day. He is already showing signs of being a lefty like his daddy. I swear there is just nothing about this boy that is typical! ;) But I guess that makes for an interesting life, right? And he sure does keep things interesting around here! He's still not crawling but he is trying so hard. He gets up on his hands and knees but just can't quite figure it out. He also does a lot of "push-ups!" He does sort of an army crawl to get wherever he needs to go. It's pretty funny to watch him....he puts his head down and then pushes like crazy with his feet and he's off! He's not pulling up yet either but the doc says to just give it time, given his early, rough start. I'm trying not to worry to much about timelines and comparison with other babies and just enjoy whatever stage he is in, no matter what age it comes!
His head still seems to be rounding out. We had another appointment with the cranial doc just to get checked out but I ended up canceling it because just I didn't think it was necessary. Also, this latest round of antibiotics is actually his 2nd in 4 weeks for ear issues. So the doc decided it might be best to see an ENT for a tube consult.
His head still seems to be rounding out. We had another appointment with the cranial doc just to get checked out but I ended up canceling it because just I didn't think it was necessary. Also, this latest round of antibiotics is actually his 2nd in 4 weeks for ear issues. So the doc decided it might be best to see an ENT for a tube consult.
But no matter what you put him through he is still just a cuddly, happy little guy who is a joy to be around. He babbles all day long and just started saying, "Mamama," which, of course, I love!




His first grilled cheese, a Glodo Milestone!

"Mr. PRUME face," as Owen calls him.
0 comments:
Post a Comment