When you have one of the top 5 State Fairs in the country, you really have no choice but to go. Even if you hate the parking (which I do) and dragging all your crap for 2 kids around all day (which is a pain). It's totally worth it...for the most part. :) The weather was beautiful on Saturday and we had a great time. Owen and Cam both did fabulously, aside from a minor meltdown or two at the end of the day. We saw Bob the Builder, lots of animals, rode some rides, and ate some good food. I couldn't narrow down the pics 'cause I loved them all so here they are!

Check out the antlers on this elk!
Is he cute or what? He just chilled in the stroller all day long and was so good. Sometimes I wore him in the carrier on me so Owen could ride for a bit. I think he liked being up and able to see everything. We didn't get a picture though!
I have a picture of Owen doing this same thing at his first State Fair. My boys love their piggies!
We got this free paper visor and Owen just loved it. He's sitting on the stage waiting for Bob to start. He had a ball at the show singing along with Bob.
He LOVED this elephant and screamed when we made him get off it.
What does an elephant say?Check out the Mama--even goats are exhausted from taking care of newborns!
Don't they look like little puppy dogs?

I had to take this pic for my mom, the world's biggest Cheez-It fan. It was only after I took the pic that I read about it and learned it's not actually made of Cheez-Its. It's carved out of a block of cheese. Still pretty cool and the picture doesn't really do it justice.
The butter version of Shawn Johnson that I waited in line to see with my whiny, unhappy baby. It was pretty cool but I don't think it was worth the wait. I think Cam would agree.
Owen was so excited we couldn't get him to eat anything all day. He finally gave up at the end of the day and stopped for french fries.
Too many fries to smile!
Both of the boys were zonked in the car on the way home. Cody and I were exhausted as well but we managed to stay up late enough to see Michael Phelps win his 8th. We are so addicted to these Olympics!







3 comments:
Love all the pics! Owen still sounded excited about his adventure on the phone today!
Wish we could have gone with you!
Auntie Gaye
great pics! some pretty cool stuff there! sounds and looks like you had a wonderful time and did pretty well with a 3 year old and 8 month old. love the pics of Cam in his stroller!
I just love all the pictures! Kinda reminds me of being home ang going to the DuQuoin State Fair! Your boys are adorable!
Post a Comment