CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Just My Luck

So I finally drag my sorry butt back here to blogland and whaddya know...the pic button isn't working! Oh well. I tried. I guess I will just have to bore you with the update I was planning to give you with the pictures. :)

I can't believe that summer is already nearing it's end. It just seems to have gone by so fast. I decided to just take a little time off from the blogging and just enjoy my time with my boys. And enjoy it, I did! We had a great 4th of July, just hanging out with our little family here in town. We went to the Square to watch the parade and participate in some of the activities they had up there. Owen had a ball. He sat in his little chair and watched the entire parade, cheering away. I do have some cute pictures of it so maybe one day I'll get them on here. Cameron was a little angel throughout the whole day, as always.

We recently got back from a two week trek to Murphysboro where we visited with my family and friends. Owen had a great time and is already asking to go back and see everyone. He got to go to my friend Molly's son's birthday party in St. Louis, which was at a train place. You can imagine how much he loved that! Then he spent the remainder of the two weeks at Grandma & Grandpa's house playing trains with Cade. 'Ol Caders is just getting into Thomas and it is the cutest thing! He also says, "Owie" now, which Owen just loves. The highlight of Owen's trip was the table that Uncle Jay made for him to put his trains on. Owen calls it his "Island of Sodor" (where Thomas takes place) table. Uncle Jay painted the top of it to look like the Island of Sodor and Owen thinks it's awesome. I will definitely have to post pictures of it when I can.

Cameron changed more in those 2 weeks than he has in his whole 7 months. Yes, he is SEVEN months old now! I just can't believe it! He found his piggies and loves to be in his new Exersaucer, which we borrowed from Cade. He's a smiley little baby and loves to giggle. Of course, my favorite thing about him is that he is a HUGE mama's boy and could spend almost all day snuggling with me. I left him in M'boro while Owen and I went to St. Louis. I walked in when we got home and he had the biggest grin on his face, holding his arms out, and wanting his mama!!! It was just too adorable. His torticollis is much improved and his head tilting moments are lessening every day. His biggest news is that we went to PT yesterday and he was discharged!!! Yes, that's right, no more physical therapy for Baby Cam! She said he is doing great and she doesn't think he needs to be doing any exercises anymore. His trunk is getting stronger every day and I think he will be sitting in the next month or so. She said that he is right on target for his gross motor skills when compared to his corrected age (6 months). He just seems like a completely different kid to us. The downside is that his head is still a little misshapen so we are going to see a helmet doc on Friday. I'm pretty sure he will be in one, which I'm completely in favor of if it will help in the long run. And I really think that it will. We also have to see a Pediatric Opthamologist because he might have something called Strabismus, which is basically a lazy eye. I think it is almost unnoticeable but I still want him to be seen since it is something that can be corrected if caught early enough. Please say a prayer for us that our little miracle baby will continue to amaze us!

Well, I think that's about all for now. I'll be back to post lots of pictures when I can get it working again. Hope everyone is having a great summer!

2 comments:

Beth said...

miss you guys already and so happy to hear about little Cameron's progress! What great news! He was such a sweet and content baby the entire time. Wish I wouldn't have been sick so I could have cuddled with him more. And so glad Owie still loves his table. His cousin better get one too very soon! Love you all!

Kate B said...

Hi Sarah,
Loved the update. Wish I could have been in the 'boro to see ya'll. Great news about Cam and his progress. He and Owen are both cutie pies. BTW, Xan has slight pseudostrabismus. His vision seems to be fine, but we take him to the ped opthamalogist this week for a re-check. It isn't something that is blatant with Xan. I see it mostly in pictures and when he is tired. Darin and his dad have the same thing. Go figure. Good luck. I will keep you all in my thoughts.