CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

We're Back!

After a long hiatus, I have finally made my way back to the Muhs News. Unfortunately, I don't have many pictures posted yet as my time is very limited these days. Right now I feel like my life is a series of doctor's appointments separated by maximum amounts of poop and minimal amounts of sleep. So goes the life of a Mom I guess.

Things have been crazy busy around here. We made it back from our week-long visit in Murphysboro. We had a great time celebrating Owen & Maddy's birthdays, Easter, and Cameron's Baptism. It was quite hectic but enjoyable. Once we got home, all THREE of my boys got sick and are still on the mend. Owen and Daddy are still fighting it but feeling much better than they were. Poor little Cam had a double ear infection and is horribly congested with a terrible cough. I'm crossing my fingers that it will be over by the end of the weekend. He still graces us with his adorable little smiles in between coughs. I've managed to stay fairly well for now, though I am exhausted. Cameron was going 7-8 hour stretches at night before he got sick and now he's getting up more often. He does better at night with me rather than Cody, something I'm sure Cody has trained him to do so he won't have to get up. ;)

We are still going to physical therapy twice a week and are going to the children's hospital in Des Moines next week to be evaluated by their PT. It's mostly to get a second opinion and make sure there's nothing our PT or the doctor is missing. He seems to be doing better but throws a curve ball in there every now and again, such as tilting to both sides rather than just the right like he first started doing. But our PT says that is normal. Weird, but normal. So we are just doing exercises for both sides and it seems to be helping. He's starting to show better head and neck control. He is, however, getting some flattening on his head that we are slightly concerned with. The doctor says we don't need to be too concerned yet and it can still correct itself. Of course, that means lots of work on our part. Meaning, do the exercises, tummy time, and try to keep him out of the swing as much as possible. All are difficult to do with a toddler around by I am trying my damnedest. The hardest is the swing because that is really the only place he'll sleep during the day. But I'm going to keep plugging away and try to get him to nap in the crib as best I can. Any suggestions are welcome and much appreciated!

So that's life in the Muhs household these days. I'm hoping to sort through the hundreds of pictures I have from the last few weeks and get those up soon but for now I'll leave you with my boys in their baptism outfits. I thought it would be fun to compare the two.

I think the outfit was a little small on Owen and maybe a little big on Cam but they both look adorable in my opinion!
Check back soon and hopefully I'll have something new!

1 comments:

Beth said...

they look more different than I thought. but still both are very handsome little fellas! miss you guys!