Brotherly love...Owen just adores Cam! Every morning when he wakes up the first thing he says is, "Go see Baby Cameron?" He is so cute the way he says his name, too. He always called him Baby Camera before he was born so Cody tried very hard to get him to say Cameron. So now Owen says, "Cam-er-on," very distinctly. Then he always wants to hug him and says, "He's so cute! He's my baby brother! I take care of him!" I still can't get over the difference in their size. Look at their hands!
Just like his big brother, Cameron got his thumb in his mouth shortly after he was born. I haven't used a pacifier with him because I'm still trying to get him to nurse really well, so he finds his thumb and he is absolutely content.
He has been spending a lot more time with his eyes open in the last few days. He is really starting to look more like a baby boy than just a squishy newborn.
Grandma and Cam relaxing
And finally, a family picture! I have been so tired and/or achy in the last 2 weeks that I just couldn't get it together to get a picture of the 4 of us. But we were finally able to do it tonight. I still can't believe we are a family of 4 now!
Cameron went to the doctor on Friday and things are going pretty well. He is now 5 lbs. 6 oz, gaining 7 oz. in just one week. The doctor was please to see that but would still like to see him nurse better and gain a little more weight before his circumcision. They didn't do it in the hospital because he was so small. Since they usually sleep a lot afterward, the doctor wants to be sure that he is a good nurser and has a little weight in his reserve should he lose some. So we head back this Friday to see how much he's gained and we will go from there. The nursing is going okay but I think it would be going much better if he weren't so congested. He started getting congested when he was 5 days old and he has been stopped up off and on ever since. The doctor thinks it is just a combination of the weather and that fact that he is so small so hopefully it will clear up in the next couple of weeks. I'm praying hard for that one because he just sounds so miserable when he can't breathe very well. And it kills me that I can't do much for him! We do saline drops but that's about all and they don't help as much as I would like!
8 comments:
Thanks for posting the pics. We love seeing the boys (you you & Cody too).
Out of the blue Sunday - Dominic asked when you guys were going to come over again. I thought it was so cute. We can't wait to see you guys and give you all big hugs. we're so happy for your family.
Aw, that's so cute! Tell him we hope to get home to see you all again see! We miss you all!
Love the new pictures!! He is so little - I just can't believe that my girls were that small at one time. :-) He is handsome and it looks as if Owen is quite the big brother.
Glad to know you are all doing well.
Heidi
All I can say is... Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!
Love the family pic of the 4 of you!
Sarah, your boys are so beautiful! I've been checking your blog a lot lately to see all the new pics and I just love the little captions you put with them! I've been in touch with Gaye a lot so she's kept me updated, too and I can't wait to see Cameron in person! He and Owen look so different but they're so sweet together! Hope you all continue to do well! Miss you!!! Love, Steph
What a cute family! And that looks like one happy Grandma!
Ah, yes, there are never as many pictures of us "second children." I think that's because we're so darn cute our mommas don't want to put us down long enough to take a picture. ;)
Thanks for sharing the pictures! Everyone looks healthy and happy. We'll keep you in our prayers and hopes that Cameron continues to eat good and starts clearing up! We both know just how much it sucks to be stopped up all the time! Poor kid, probably can't even taste the milk! YUM!
Take care! Jasmine
Thanks for sharing all the new pictures. All of show off how handsome all your boys are :)
Post a Comment