Throughout our nearly 8 years of marriage I have on many an occassion asked Cody how he ever managed to live without a wife to take care of him. Of course, he says that he does not need me to take care of him and could get along perfectly fine without me (though he would never want to, of course). Maybe we'll let the masses (or at least the 12 people who still read this blog) decide....
Upon returning home from a nearly 2-week visit in Murphysboro, Cody and I had this conversation:
"Cody, where are all your underwear?"
"You know, I was going to ask you the same thing."
"Me? You were going to ask me where your underwear are? I don't wear your underwear, as I have my own, so why would I know where they are?"
"Well, you do the laundry."
"Yes, dear, but I have been gone for almost 2 weeks and have not done any in that time."
He walks off, underwear still somewhere in the Bermuda Triangle, as I contemplate a call to a PI to locate said underwear.
A few hours later, "Seriously!!!! WHERE ARE MY UNDERWEAR?!?!"
Apparently, he felt that the only logical reason behind the missing underwear would be that I was hiding them from him. Nevermind the fact that he WEARS THEM EVERYDAY and might know where they are. No, it's way more believeable that I went around collecting them all just to torture him.
So, maybe he doesn't need a wife, but his underwear does stay out of the Bermuda Triangle when he has one around.
**In case you're wondering, the drawers were located. By the wife, of course.
Monday, April 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
He gets that from his mom!!
OH MY GOSH!!! My husband claims the same thing! "Melissa, I am missing a lot of clothes/underwear/socks, what have you done with them?" Seriously, do men think we plot revenge by hiding their underwear. Good Grief!!
That's just another one of those "man things" your mothers didn't tell you about, girls! ;)
Hilarious!!!! It's nice to know life is the same in your household as mine!
Thanks for the good laugh! I read this to Matt....he proceeded to ask the same question to me. :)
Sarah, lmao! Darin now has like 100pairs of underwear because last year when I was in the 'boro with my Grandma, he just went to Wal-Mart and bought new when he ran out (and you know how long I was gone). These engineers can solve multi-million dollar problems at work, but operate a washing machine....forget about it!
Kate
When I told Cody that I was going to post this story on the blog he said, "Whatever. It's not that funny. I think you think it's funnier than it really is." I thank you all for proving him wrong. Or, more importantly, proving me *right*! ;)
Maybe he pooped in them and threw them away! You know...things like that happen.
Post a Comment